I love this recipe by Clove Co.com, it’s jam-packed with vitamins, minerals beta carotene and iron. It’s the perfect pick-me-up and very simple and quick to make.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 450g sweet potatoes
- 20g parsley, roughly chopped
- 15g coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 a red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
- Good grind of black pepper
- 200ml good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 30g feta cheese, crumbled
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop them into rounds about 1/2 a cm thick. Put into a pan, cover with boiling water and simmer over a medium heat for 9-10 minutes until soft. You want to be able to pierce them with a sharp knife with ease.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, prepare your lemon and herb oil. Roughly chop the herbs and add to a bowl with the onion, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Stir together until incorporated.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked, strain off the water and then lay them out in a large bowl or plate. Cover with the herb oil and then crumble over the feta cheese. Serve either warm or set aside and serve cold a little later.
Taken from the amazing Clove Food Co.com.