Food / 7 November, 2022 / Christina Walter
Tempeh Satay Skewers
Made with fermented organic soya beans, the pleasing texture and nutty flavour of this tempeh lends itself perfectly to satay.
- 200g Plain Tempeh
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, (plus 1 tbsp for the sauce)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, (toasted)
- ½ Lime, (juice only)
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 165ml tin coconut milk
- Cut the tempeh into cubes, toss in the soy sauce and sesame oil and thread onto skewers.
- Pop the tempeh skewers into a frying pan and cook for 2-3 mins each side until slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the lime juice, soy sauce, honey, curry powder and peanut butter in a small saucepan, heat and add coconut milk until the desired consistency has been reached (you want a sauce that’s thick enough to stick to your tempeh).
- When the skewers have been browned on all sides, brush with the satay sauce (or simply drizzle it over), sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.