Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable Oil
- 150g frozen fine whole green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 300g pack Waitrose Chicken Breast Chunks in an Aromatic Green Thai Marinade
- ½ small Pineapple, skinned, cored and cubed to give 200g flesh
- 250g pack Waitrose Love Life Spelt, Quinoa, Red Rice & Wild Rice
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce (optional)
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large wok or frying pan, then add the beans and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes, to defrost. Add the onion and pepper and fry for 3-5 minutes more, until the vegetables start to soften. Tip onto a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, then fry the chicken for 3 minutes, stirring continuously, until browned on the outside. Add 2 tbsp cold water, then cover the pan and simmer for 5-7 minutes until the meat is cooked through.
- Stir in the pineapple and the grains, then return the vegetables to the pan. Stir-fry until piping hot. Splash in the soy sauce (if using), toss well, then serve.
Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose.com