Food / 16 September, 2018 / My Baba
Thai Fish Cakes With Sweet And Sour Tomato Chutney
A popular family favourite. The tangy chutney is wonderful with all sorts of fish dishes and makes a great alternative to ketchup. You can serve the fish cakes in gluten free rolls topped with the chutney for a healthy fast food meal. Gluten, wheat and dairy free
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Makes 4 fish cakes
Salmon Fish Cakes
- 2 boneless, skinless Tesco Salmon Fillets
- 1tbsp Tesco Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1tsp fresh Root Ginger, finely grated
- 1tsp Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1tbsp fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 115g Tesco Free From Fresh Wholemeal Bread (to use for breadcrumbs)
- 1tbsp Olive Oil for frying
For the Sweet and Sour Tomato Chutney
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 2tsp fresh Root Ginger, grated
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 4tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 x 400g can Tesco Chopped Tomatoes
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Xylitol
Tesco Gluten Free Fresh White Rolls
- First make the chutney. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the garlic, ginger and shallot. Stirfor1 minute over a low heat until the onion has softened. Add all the other ingredients. Bring to the boil, stir then lower the heat and simmer for about 20-30 minutes until the mixture is thick. Stir occasionally to prevent it burning. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
- For the fish cakes place the salmon with the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and process or pulse until roughly minced. Tip out the mixture into a bowl. Take a golf ball size piece and flatten into little burgers.
- Chill these for 30 minutes.
- Place the beaten egg in a shallow bowl and place the breadcrumbs on a separate plate.
- Dip the fish cakes in the egg then coat in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Fry the fish cakes for 4-5 mins on each side until crisp and cooked through.
- Serve in gluten free rolls with lettuce and top with the chutney.
Calories per fish cake with 1 tbsp chutney: 279 kcal, Protein 18.2g, Carbohydrates 14.9g, Sugars 4.4g, Total Fat 15.6g, Saturates 2.5g, Salt 0.5g Per 100g 175kcal, Protein 11.5g, Carbohydrates 9.4g, Sugars 2.8g, Total Fat 9.8g, Saturates 1.6g, Salt 0.3g