This week we’ve been testing out the new DUALFIX I-SIZE by Britax Römer, and here are just some of the reasons we love it.
From Birth to 4 Years
The DUALFIX I-SIZE is a car seat designed to be used from birth to 4 years of age, it’s a purchase made to last and grow with your child. That adds up to a grand total of 200 weeks or 1500 days of continual use, which is a brilliant investment, and something of a novelty when it comes to babies – products are usually outgrown very quickly.
360 Degree Rotation
The DUALFIX I-SIZE can be rotated 360 degrees on its base, so the seat can be used rear and forward facing. The ability to rotate the seat means it’s super-easy to get your child in and out of the car seat, which can sometimes be quite tricky. The rotating seat is currently my favourite part about the DUALFIX I-SIZE, for months we’ve struggled man-handling the baby in and out of our car, and we’re all bent out of shape from trying to do it too. Getting baby in and out of the car seat is now quick and very easy – hooray!
The DUALFIX I-SIZE is equipped with lots of innovative safety features: Britax Römer have gone to great lengths to ensure that your child is well protected in the event of any accident – whether from the front, side, or back.
- Superior Side Impact Protection – there’s a special steel element that sits inside the the seat, keeping your child away from any impact, while absorbing energy at the same time
- Includes patented Pivot Link ISOFIX System, which directs forces endured in a crash downwards into the vehicle’s seat, reducing the risk of head and neck injuries
- Adjustable rebound bar – this prevents the car seat from tilting in the event of an accident
- Height adjustable support leg – providing extra stability by minimising the tilting and rotational movement, and minimising any forward force on your child in an accident
- The seat’s 5-point harness has soft neoprene performance chest pads to enhance comfort and reduce movement in a collision. Britax Römer believe the 5-point harness is the safest way to secure a child in a car seat, and the straps are easy to alter: when loosening to remove baby from the seat, and tightening to ensure baby is kept safe and tight in the seat’s protective shell
- Protective side wings on the seat acts as a protective cocoon, absorbing any force from a side impact
- The seat has a v-shaped headrest which is designed to offer maximum comfort and ensure optimum protection in the event of a side collision
- The DUALFIX I-SIZE offers extended rearward facing, which is the safest place to be in terms of a frontal crash – the most frequent type of accident on the roads
The DUALFIX I-SIZE certainly looks like the comfiest car seat I’ve ever seen. The seat’s multi-recline positions ensure your baby is seated comfortably whatever their age, and however long the journey. What’s more, a lot of the seat’s safety features have combined comfort within each element to make this the ultimate car seat. The padded headrest, harness and side wings all contribute to its cosiness. The rebound bar is adjustable allowing more leg room when needed, and there’s a removable, washable seat cover. They really have thought of everything.
The Britax Römer DUALFIX I-SIZE is a car seat that can be trusted. Designed and manufactured in Germany, a country synonymous for quality, the seat has been put through its paces before being allowed on the production run. Numerous safety tests were passed at their in-house crash test facility guaranteeing the best quality for customers.