Makes 3 Portions
A tasty tomato sauce enriched with butternut squash and cheese.
- 100 g/3 ½ oz butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 25 g/1 oz orzo or small pasta shells
- 10 g/ ¼ oz butter
- 3 medium tomatoes, skinned, de seeded and cut into pieces
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon crÃ¨me fraÃ®che or cream
Steam the squash until tender. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Melt the butter and sautÃ© the tomatoes for 3 minutes, then add the basil. Whiz with the squash and stir in the crÃ¨me fraÃ®che or cream.
Taken from Annabel Karmel’s New Complete Baby & Toddler Meal Planner by Annabel Karmel (Ebury Press, £14.99)