The summer holidays are now a distant memory and we’re still trying to get our heads around the chaos of our ‘back to school’ morning routines. For many of us, this means having to ‘get ready in a hurry’, however that doesn’t mean we have to let our sense of style suffer because of it.
Here are my tried and tested tips for nailing the morning style routine.
- Be prepared. Spend 5 minutes the night before, just before you go to bed planning your outfit and checking the clothes are clean and crease free.
- Simplicity is key. There’s no need for complicated looks when you’re in a rush, keep style simplistic but chic. Minimum input with maximum output.
- Know your uniform. This is no time to experiment on style/looks. Be true to your style and you can’t go wrong.
- Weather – Take a peek at the forecast so you can be mindful of the rainy days.
- Check your day’s events – If you are rushing around, then you know that heels are out of the question.
- Wash your hair the night before – it’s not only time saving in the morning, the ‘just got out of bed’ hair looks hot.
- Lastly, wear a bright lip colour – an instant glamour win, not to mention an instant lift!