My last Valentine’s activity is a yummy chocolate bark treat for my eldest charge, he took it into school on the last day before half term. It also goes with the marbled hearts that we made the other day.
To make your own chocolate bark you will need:
- Candy melts* (available at Lakeland and Hobbycraft) – we went with pink and white ones
- Heart shaped sprinkles
- Parchment paper
*if you can’t find any candy melts then you can always use white chocolate and some red food colouring
1. Cover your tray with some parchment paper.
2. Fill your saucepan with a few inches of water and then put a bowl over the top (the water shouldn’t touch the bottom of the bowl)
3. Melt your first colour of chocolate, when it is ready pour it onto you tray and place it in the fridge to set.
4. While the first colour of chocolate is setting, repeat step 3 with your next colour.
I only hope that there will be some left over once we have cut it up and handed it out to his classmates.
Happy St. Valentine’s Day