Makes 8 portions
For the Tomato Sauce:
- 1 small red onion or leek, finely chopped, 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 tin of organic tomatoes or 1 lb fresh chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp raw sea salt
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tbs coconut oil
Place the coconut oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic and salt. Gently cook until soft then add the rest of the ingredients and simmer at a low heat for 30 mins.
For the Almond Cheese Sauce:
- 1 cup of almonds soaked or ground almonds, 1 tbs nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves with skin, 1 tsp raw sea salt, pinch of black pepper
- 2 cups water
Blend all ingredients until smooth.
For the Lasagne Filling:
- 1 cup of mushrooms, 2 garlic cloves, 2 cups of fresh greens (spinach or kale)
- 1 courgette finely chopped, 1 red pepper finely chopped
- 1 aubergine finely chopped, 1 tbs coconut oil, 1 tsp sea salt
In a pan heat the oil and the garlic then mix in all the other ingredients (leaving the spinach for last) cook and then for the last minute add in the greens.
1 packet of brown rice lasagne (cooked) or thinly slice courgettes into lasagne sheets
Once you have made the above you are ready to put it all together:
- In a oven dish grease with a thin layer of coconut oil.
- Place a layer of pasta on the bottom and add the filling layer to it and a small scoop of the tomato sauce.
- Repeat step 2 until the dish is filled.
- On the final layer, top with pasta and cover with the almond cheese sauce and the remaining tomato sauce.
- Place in the oven at 150 degrees for 30 mins
- Take out and leave to cool for a few minutes. Serve with avocado salad.
Recipe from the new book by Juliette Bryant – Superfoods & How to Use Them