Food / 28 September, 2017 / My Baba
Vegan Peach And Basil Ice Cream
- 2 x 400ml tins full fat coconut milk or 3 x 200ml packs coconut cream
- 2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 125ml (4fl oz) fresh coconut milk
- 60ml (2 1/4fl oz) agave nectar
For the puree:
- 1 x 227g tin peach slices in syrup
- 10 basil leaves, rolled up and finely shredded
- The night before, put a medium metal mixing bowl in the fridge along with the tins of coconut milk.
- The next day, drain the peaches, reserving 2 tbsp of the syrup, then blend the peaches and reserved syrup to a puree using a stick blender or in a food processor. Stir in the shredded basil.
- If using coconut milk, open the tins without tipping, and use a spoon to scoop the coconut cream from the top of the tins into the chilled mixing bowl, discarding the clear liquid. If using coconut cream, simply add the cream to the chilled mixing bowl. Add the vanilla extract, the fresh coconut milk and agave nectar to the bowl. Beat for 2-3 minutes with an electric handwhisk until thickened and fluffy.
- Transfer half of the mixture to a nonstick baking paper lined 900g (2lb) loaf tin or freezer-safe container, drizzle over 2 tbsp of the peach coulis and use a skewer to create a ripple effect, then add the rest of the coconut mixture. Dot on another 1 tbsp of coulis and ripple again. Chill the remainder to serve with the ice cream.
- Cover loosely with cling film, then kitchen foil to help it freeze. Freeze for about 4 hours for soft scoop ice cream; the longer you leave this ice cream, the firmer it will set. Remove from the freezer for at least 5 minutes prior to scooping and serve with the remaining peach coulis.
Recipe by Tesco realfood