A deliciously, crumbly cookie that is refined sugar and dairy free.
Quick and easy to make these cookies are great for dunking in a cuppa and they get a bit thumbs up from my niece and nephew.
Makes roughly 20 cookies.
- 100g whole quinoa
- 150g oatmeal
- 80g desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon shelled hemp seeds
- 175g melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 150g coconut sugar
- 100g cacao nibs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate powder
- 1 large tablespoon whole rolled oats
- A drop of coconut or almond milk, if needed.
- Set the oven to 180c. Grease and line two large, flat baking trays.
- Put the quinoa in a food processor and blitz until the grains have ground down to a rough powder. Tip into a large bowl then add all the ingredients and mix well. The mixture should be well combined and of a good doughy consistency. If the mixture seems a little dry, add a drop of almond or coconut milk to give it a little more moisture (be careful as the mixture shouldn’t be too runny otherwise the cookies will over-expand when cookie and become too flat).
- Spoon dollops of the mixture onto the prepared baking trays leaving good space between them (the cookie mixture will spread during baking).
- Pop into the oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are starting to go golden brown. Take the trays out of the oven and let the cookies sit for 5 minutes to set, then carefully place them onto a cooling rack.
Recipe By Fleur Sladan, The Food Stork