Food / 8 May, 2020 / My Baba
Victoria Sponge Cupcakes
A lovely and simple recipe by William Drabble that will produce the most delicious and light cupcakes possible! With his gorgeously simple icing decorated with fruit, you can’t go wrong with this baking delight!
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 100g of self-raising flour
- 1 pinch of baking powder
- 100g of butter
- 100g of caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 75g of butter, softened
- 150g of icing sugar, sieved
- 1 dash of milk
- 50g of strawberries, sliced
- 50g of blueberries
- 50g of raspberries
- 50g of blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3. Put cupcake paper cases into a cupcake tin. Leave to the side.
- For the cupcakes; mix together the butter and caster sugar in a large bowl until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Using a sieve add the flour and the baking powder to the bowl. Add in the eggs, one at a time. Combine the ingredients until they create a smooth batter. You must be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Put a few blueberries into each paper cup. Add batter to each until it is half way full.
- Bake the cupcakes at 170°C for 10-15 minutes, or until they are lightly brown and spring back if you press them lightly with your finger.
- Take them out of the oven and leave to cool.
- For the buttercream; mix the softened butter, icing sugar and milk until it is smooth.
- Add the icing to a piping bag. Once the cupcakes are cool to touch, pipe the icing on top of the cakes. Decorate the icing with fruit. They are now ready to serve and enjoy!
By William Drabble, Great British Chefs, wisit Great British Chefs’ site for more baking recipes.