- 65g (2 1/2oz) light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 500ml (17fl oz) milk
- 200ml (7fl oz) freshly made espresso coffee
- Put the sugar in a saucepan with 100ml (3 1/2fl oz) water. Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and stir in the ginger, peppercorns, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool completely. Strain through a fine sieve and stir in the vanilla extract.
- When ready to serve, heat the milk and syrup together in a pan until steaming hot, but not boiling, whisking constantly with a wire whisk as it heats through.
- Divide the espresso coffee between four mugs or cups and top up with the frothy milk.
Recipe by Tesco realfood