Food / 19 January, 2022 / My Baba
Watercress, Halloumi, Chilli & Mango Salad
Fresh and bright, this salad works wonderfully on its own or as a side dish with grilled meat or fish. Perfect for brightening up cold days.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 25g fresh coconut, shaved
- 1 small ripe mango, sliced & shredded
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 250g pack halloumi cheese, sliced into 6
- 1 tsp oil
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 60g pack Baby Watercress & Little Leaves
- Dry fry the pumpkin seeds and coconut for 3-4 minutes and mix with the mango and chilli.
- Toss the halloumi with the oil and fry or griddle for 1-2 minutes each side until golden.
- Mix together the lime zest and juice and the chilli sauce. Place the watercress and little leaves on a platter, top with the mango mixture and then the halloumi and drizzle over the dressing.
Recipe by Steves Leaves
Inspiration For Veganuary: 6 Super-Easy Recipes To Get You Started
12 Must-Make Recipes To Bookmark This Veganuary