I am so very thankful that I don’t have to make packed lunches every day. Last year I had three a week to do, and it was hard to think of different ideas for them that would excite my charges when they opened them up. I’m very lucky that my charges are excellent eaters and will eat pretty much anything. With a busy lives I can understand why parents find it so difficult to come up with ideas, so here are a few ideas and tips to help you:
Idea 1 – Simple Sandwiches
This one is a very easy one to throw together if you are in a rush.
- Marmite sandwiches cut into shapes
- Chocolate Roll
- Mini sausages
- Rebel Kitchen Chocolate Mylk
Idea 2 – Bento Box
The main items in this box are bought from Marks and Spencer.
- Edamame beans
- Satsuma and Pomegranate
- Rude Health Bar
- Organic fruit juice
Idea 3 – Wraps
- Ham, Cheese and Lettuce Wrap – I used a little bit of mayo to glue the sides down.
- Crudite and hummus
Idea 4 – Cooked dishes
- Couscous salade
- Apple Juice
- Gingerbread biscuit and small tube of icing
- It is always helpful to make up a meal plan.
- A thermos is very helpful as you can plan for lots more meals. It is also useful for keeping things cool in the summer months.
- Sometimes simple things, like using a cookie cutter on a sandwich, can make boring foods seem exciting.
- It you can make it the night before do.
Other food ideas
- Sausage rolls
- Pita breads