Food / 28 January, 2017 / My Baba
Bag-baked Cod with Tomatoes, Chorizo and Butterbeans
- chorizo 125g, diced into 1cm chunks
- olive oil
- butterbeans 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- mixed red or yellow tomatoes 500g, the rest roughly diced
- pitted black olives 20
- flat-leaf parsley a handful, roughly chopped
- sherry vinegar 1 tbsp
- golden caster sugar 1 tsp
- tomato purÃ©e 1 tbsp
- skinless cod fillet 1 large (about 300-400g), or 2 smaller
- sweet smoked paprika a few pinches
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the chorizo and 1 tbsp oil in a cold frying pan, then fry over a gentle heat until the chunks are beginning to crisp and plenty of orange oil has collected in the pan. Use a slotted spoon to lift out the chorizo so the oil remains and put in a bowl with the butterbeans, tomatoes, olives, parsley, vinegar, sugar, tomato purÃ©e and plenty of seasoning, and toss.
- Cut a large piece of baking parchment, and sit in a roughly A4-sized tin so the paper overhangs. Tip the chorizo mix into the middle of the paper. Sprinkle the cod with a little paprika and some more seasoning, and sit on top of the veg. Drizzle over the chorizo oil from the pan, then gather up the edges of the paper and scrunch together to seal into a parcel. Put the tray in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the fish is cooked.
- Open the parcel at the table and sprinkle with a little more parsley if you like, before spooning between plates.
Recipe from Olive