Food / 26 September, 2018 / My Baba
Chicken and Chive Dumplings to Celebrate National Dumpling Day
Celebrate National Dumpling Day on Wednesday 26 September 2018 with Royal China’s Dim Sum recipe that is easy to make at home. Royal China prides itself on serving authentic Chinese cuisine and its restaurants are renowned as the ‘go to’ place for Dim Sum in London. Why not try and craft these delicious dumplings at home with this step-by step recipe?
Recipe: Chicken & Chive Dumplings
- 300g Ground Chicken
- 200g Shelled fresh shrimps
- ½ a bunch of finely chopped Chinese garlic chives
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbs Chinese Shao Shing wine
- 1 tbs Light soy sauce
- ½ tsp Freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp Ground dried shrimp
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbs Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground white pepper
- Whole chives
- 4 Shu-mei wrappers (Wonton Skin)
- Whip by hand all filling ingredients until they all hold together.
- Place a dollop the filling in the centre of each wrapper and bring up the corners to form a little “money bag.” Leave the top open so that you can see some of the meat.
- Blanch the whole chives in very hot water tap water. Then tie a chive around the neck of each dumpling so that it looks like it is wearing a little green belt.
- Steam the dumplings in an oiled bamboo steamer for 15 minutes, in a steaming wok.
Serve hot with sweet chilli dip sauce.
Recipe by The Royal China Group. The Royal China Group consists of six of London’s most authentic and prestigious Chinese restaurants, including the luxurious and critically-acclaimed Royal China Club. Based in prime areas of London, the restaurants are centrally located on Baker Street, as well as in Bayswater, Fulham, Harrow-on-the-Hill and Canary Wharf.