Recipes / 19 December, 2022 / My Baba
Chocolate Torte In A Sweet Short Crust Base
Christmas would not be Christmas without a delicious chocolatey dessert. We love the easy chocolate torte recipe by Dorset Pastry.
Easy Chocolate Torte recipe
- 300 ml double cream
- 2 level tablespoons caster sugar
- Sea salt
- 400 g dark chocolate, (at least 70%)
- 90 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 100 ml milk
- Dorset Pastry Sweet Short Crust Pastry 325g
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Plain flour for surface dusting
- Gently work together the two slabs of Dorset Sweet Short Crust Pastry to form a ball of dough. Lightly flour and push, pat and squeeze into shape.
- Wrap it in clingfilm and place it in the fridge to rest for at least 30 minutes
- Roll out the ball out to circle around 5mm to 8mm thick.
- Gently roll the pastry over a rolling pin and place over a 9 inch pastry tin and line cleaning off the excess pastry from the rim of the mould. Use any offcuts to patch holes in the base. When trimming allow a small amount of overhang to offset any shrinkage.
- Once lined your tart mould you must again allow it to rest for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Blind bake tart shell for around 15 minutes at 180°C/350°F/gas 4, which will cook the tart all the way through, colouring it slightly. Allow to cool
- Place the double cream, sugar and a pinch of sea salt in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Break up the chocolate.
- As soon as the mixture has boiled, remove from the heat, and add the butter and chocolate. Stir until it has completely melted. Allow the mixture to cool slightly, stirring in the cold milk until smooth and shiny.
- Sometimes this mixture will look like it has split. Allow to cool down a bit more and whisk in a little extra cold milk until smooth.
- Scrape all the mixture into the cooked and cooled pastry case.
- Allow the mixture to settle and place in the fridge until required (at least one hour)
- Remove from the fridge an hour before needed.
Recipe from Dorset Pastry.
Should I Buy Organic Food? What You Need To Know
Lizzie Loves Healthy: Apple Crumble Crunch Muffins