Food / 5 December, 2022 / Christina Walter
Christmas All Butter Short Crust Mince Pies
Check out this easy mince pie recipe from Dorset Pastry.
Nothing says Christmas more than the smell of freshly baked mince pies. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate this time than by enjoying some delicious mince pies with all butter shortcrust pastry.
An easy mince pie recipe
- 12-24 teaspoons of Mincemeat
- 1 Egg beaten
- Icing / Powdered Sugar to dust the Mince Pies
- 325g All Butter Short Crust Dorset Pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180 Fan
- Remove the defrosted pastry from the fridge and roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry until it is about a 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a 3.5 inch and a 3 inch cutters and cut out 12 of each size. Place the larger sized circle into the base of your tart pan, fill with 1-2 teaspoons of mincemeat and then use some of the egg to brush around the edge of the smaller circle before ‘glueing’ on top of the mince pie. Press gently around the edges to seal the mincemeat inside the pie.
- Now make the rest of the mince pies in the same way. Brush the egg wash over the top of the mince pies and use a sharp knife to make two little slits on the top to allow the pressure to release.
- Place into a preheated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until the pies are nice and golden brown. Remove from the oven when cooked and allow to slightly cool before removing from the baking pan and placing onto a cooling/wire rack. Dust some powdered sugar over the lids to give a lovely ‘snowy’ finish to your pies and enjoy.
Recipe from Dorset Pastry.
Should I Buy Organic Food? What You Need To Know
Lizzie Loves Healthy: Apple Crumble Crunch Muffins