Food / 17 December, 2017 / My Baba
Christmas Kale & Sausagemeat Stuffing
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20-25 minutes
- ½ x 500g pack Kale
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped (160g)
- 10g sage, chopped
- 454g sausagemeat
- 100g breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6. Grease a large baking tray.
- Cook the kale in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain and roughly chop in a food processor. Cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 2-3 minutes, add the sage and cook for a further 1 minute. Cool and stir into the sausagemeat with the kale and breadcrumbs, season.
- Mould into 16 balls and place on the prepared tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked throughout.
- Serve with roast turkey and all the trimmings.
Press into an ovenproof dish and bake for the same time instead of making stuffing balls.
Health(ier) Recipes for the Festive Holidays from Discover Great Veg