Christmas is around the corner and it’s super easy to make delicious, quick and easy Christmas inspired recipes for all the family (yes, adults included!) using Beaba’s Babycook Neo.
The stylish Babycook Neo is perfect for weaning, but it can also be used for so much more than pureeing, making it the perfect kitchen companion. Get busy in the kitchen this Christmas and create some delicious juices and smoothies, cocktails, sauces, coulis and soups for baby and you.
Here are some yummy Christmas weaning recipes you can make with your Babycook Neo to get you started. Oh, and if you’re looking for a festive Christmas tipple – just add a splash of tia maria to Beaba’s Gingerbread Cocktail recipe for an exclusive ‘adult only’ version – you’re welcome!
Baby’s First Christmas Cake
Suitable from 12 months
- 50g Pitted dates
- 40g Dried figs
- 30g Dried apricots
- 40g Cranberries
- 40g Unsalted butter, melted
- 35g Muscovado sugar
- 35ml Runny Honey
- 1 Unwaxed medium orange
- ¼ tsp Mixed Spice
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Pre-heat your oven to 140C.
- Process the dried figs, apricots and dates in Béaba Babycook® until chopped but not turned into a paste.
- Zest and juice your orange. Reserve both juice and zest.
- Put the chopped fruit and the cranberries in the steaming basket of your Béaba Babycook® and steam for 5min until soft.
- Remove the stick fruit mix to a bowl and add the butter, sugar, honey, orange juice and zest, mixed spice, cinnamon and egg. Mix well with a spatula while the fruit is still hot.
- Add the cocoa, flour, ground almonds, baking soda and bicarbonate and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the 6 portions of your Béaba multiportion or use a bun tray and bake at 140C for 30min.
- Check the mini-cakes are done by inserting a cake tester. These are gorgeously moist cakes so a little stickiness is expected.
- Let them cool down completely in the Béaba multiportion/bun tray on a rack.
These cakes freeze really well in the Béaba multiportion but being fruitcakes they’ll last a very long time in the silicone container with the lid tightly on.
Suitable from 12 months
Makes 4 mini logs
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 80g flour
- 4 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 drops Vanilla Essence
- 40g dark or milk chocolate depending on your and your child’s preference
- Peel the bananas and it into large pieces and put it in the Babycook blending bowl with the eggs, butter and vanilla essence. Blend until you get quite a smooth consistency.
Add the flour that you have already mixed with the baking powder and blend. Consistency should be similar to a pancake mix.
- Gently heat a non-stick frying pan, add a knob of butter or touch of oil if needed.
To make one roll, pour ¼ of the ‘pancake like’ mixture into the pan and aim for 1/4cm in thickness. Leave it to cook slowly then turn it over so that both sides turn a golden colour.
- Put the pancake on a plate and whilst it is still warm roll the pancake up and cut the two ends to make a nicely formed log.
- Repeat the above steps for the remaining 3 logs.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave-friendly bowl with 4 teaspoons of water. Cover with cling film and put in the microwave for 30 seconds (or until melted), stirring half way through.
- Cover each log generously with the melted chocolate. For an even more attractive log, use a fork to make ridges in the chocolate similar to a wood effect.
- Leave the logs to cool for a few minutes before placing in the fridge.
Baby’s First Christmas Dinner
(Turkey and sweet potato purée with cinnamon and Cranberry)
Suitable from 7 months
- 85g Turkey leg, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 30g Brussel Sprouts, washed & halved
- ½ tsp Extra-Virgin Olive oil
- 1 tsp Dried cranberries (no added sugar)
- A pinch Cinnamon
- Combine the turkey, sweet potato, sprouts and cranberries in a bowl.
- Pour water for steaming up to level 3 in your Béaba Babycook ® and add the combined ingredients to the steaming basket.
- Once the turkey is cooked, reserve the cooking liquid.
- Purée the turkey, sweet potato, sprouts and cranberries in your Béaba Babycook ® with ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil and a pinch of cinnamon until you reach the texture you need for your baby. Add some of the reserved cooking liquid to blend if needed.
Mini Yorkshire Puddings
Suitable from 12 months
Makes 6 mini puddings
- 70g plain flour (this is about 200ml/7fl oz)
- 2 eggs
- 100ml milk
- Spray oil, for cooking
- Heat oven to 230C/fan 210C/gas 8.
- Drizzle pr spray a little oil evenly into your Beaba multiportion and place in the oven to heat through.
- To make the batter, tip the plain flour into your Babycook mixing bowl and beat in the eggs until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk and carry on beating until the mix is completely lump-free. Season with pepper if desired.
- Pour the batter into a jug, then remove the warm multiportion from the oven. Carefully and evenly pour the batter into the holes (filing them 1/2 full)
- Place the multiportion back in the oven and leave undisturbed for 20-25 mins until the puddings have puffed up and browned.
- Serve or allow them to cool them and freeze for up to 1 month.
Suitable from 4-6 months
- 1 Banana
- 1 TBSP Black Treacle
- 2 TBSP Gingerbread Spice
- 2 TBSP Ground Flax Seeds
- 240ml (1 Cup) of Almond Milk (or breast/formula milk)
- Combine all the ingredients in the blending bowl
- Blend until smooth and creamy
- Serve and enjoy!
- Add a splash of Baileys or Tia Maria for the adults!
For competitions and offers from our favourite brands, click here.