Recipes / 20 April, 2023 / My Baba
Coronation Cheesy Baked Eggs
Ahead of the Coronation, Discover Great Veg has created a delicious recipe for Coronation Cheesy Baked Eggs, said to be one of King Charles’s favourites. Stay tuned as we bring you the latest Coronation dish ideas!
Featuring leeks, spinach and cherry tomatoes, as well as the all-important eggs and cheese, this Coronation dish is perfect to enjoy for breakfast, brunch or lunch on the long weekend and beyond.
Coronation dish: Cheesy Baked Eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 20 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 200g spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 70g mature cheddar grated
- Seasoning to taste
- Crusty bread to serve
- Pre- heat your oven to 180c.
- Add the oil to a medium pan on a low to medium heat then add in the leeks. Fry for 8-10 minutes until soft and caramelising.
- Now add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Add the spinach to the pan and cook down for 1-2 minutes, now add the tomatoes and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and season well.
- Transfer the mix to a medium high sided baking dish.
- Crack the eggs on top of the veg mix.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top and pop in the oven for approx. 12-14 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and serve with some crusty bread.
Recipe by Discover Great Veg
Refreshing Sticky Lamb, Sesame and Watermelon Salad
Rhubarb and Custard Muffins