Time – 20 30 Mins
- 200g gluten-free pasta or courgetti
For the avocado sauce:
- 1 pot Nush natural cashew or almond milk
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Two large handfuls fresh basil
- 3.5 tbsp of Parmigiano Reggiano or nutritional yeast, grated
- Juice ½ lemon
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- 50ml pasta cooking water
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Roasted cherry tomatoes
- Steamed or boiled rice and chilli to taste
Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain, reserving the starchy pasta water for later use, then set aside.
As the pasta is cooking, blend together all the ingredients for the sauce apart from the pasta water until smooth.
Once the pasta is cooked, add in a spoonful of the pasta water into the sauce until you reach your desired consistency.
Taste and season, then stir into the cooked pasta along with the roasted cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle over Parmigiano Reggiano or nutritional yeast and serve.
Recipe taken from Nush Foods