Living / 9 April, 2019 / Nanny Anita
I have been on a bit of a mission this spring to do as many things with these plastic eggs that we have been collecting (yes I know that is partly my fault). This time we made really cool egg stamping sun catchers. I actually think that they are mini works of arts that will brighten any room on these dull and disappointing (weather wise) spring days.
Make sure you follow my Easter board on Pinterest for more ideas. Don’t forget to save the pin for later.
* we used wax paper for this as it is more transparent than parchment paper, but the paint does tend to flake off, so you need to be careful when you are moving it.
1. Dip your plastic egg into the paint and create an overlapping design on the paper, then leave to dry
2. Cut out a shape from the middle of your card stock to create a frame for your sun catcher
3. When the paint is dry, colour in your design
4. Glue the frame to the wax paper and trim any excess paper
The stamping part literally takes about 2 minutes to do, but my charges spent a good 45 minutes colouring in their designs. My eldest charge was really fascinated by the colours being reflected onto table when he picked up his design. He got so excited and kept yelling out for us to come and look.
Once everything is done, stick it to the window and enjoy all the lovely colours your room becomes.
Pin for later: