Versatile, tasty and a brilliant festive green, cavolo nero is a must-have ingredient this Christmas. Add a handful to seasonal favourites like these festive fruit cavolo nero stuffing balls.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 105 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
- 200g pack sliced cavolo nero
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finally chopped
- 1 Bramley apple
- 50g flaked almonds, toasted
- 50g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 50g dried cranberries
- Zest of 1 clementine
- 200g fresh breadcrumbs
- 100ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Cook the Cavolo Nero in a large pan of boiling water for 3 minutes, drain well and roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the apple, almonds, walnuts, cranberries, zest, breadcrumbs and Cavolo Nero, season then mix in the stock.
- Press into a 900g lined loaf tin and bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Great as an accompaniment to roasts.
Christmas cavolo nero recipes from Discover Great Veg.