Food / 15 March, 2023 / My Baba
Funfetti Heart Biscuits For Mother’s Day
Bake a batch of pretty funfetti heart biscuits to give to your Mum this Mother’s Day. Crumbly, buttery shortbread dipped in chocolate and decorated with sprinkles… the perfect afternoon treat.
- 220g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 400g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100g white chocolate
- coloured strands, to decorate
- Whisk the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric whisk for 2 mins until creamy and smooth. Add the egg and whisk until combined.
- Add the vanilla and flour and mix with a wooden spoon to form a smooth dough. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and chill for 10 mins.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to about 2mm thick. Cut out biscuits using a 6cm heart-shaped cookie cutter. Reroll the trimmings as necessary until the dough is used up. Place the biscuits on baking sheets lined with nonstick baking paper and bake for 12-15 mins until pale golden and turning crisp around the edges. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Melt the dark and white chocolate in separate heatproof bowls each set over a small pan of simmering water. Dip half the biscuits halfway into the dark chocolate and sprinkle the chocolate-coated side with coloured strands. Repeat with the remaining shortbread biscuits and white chocolate. Place on a wire rack to cool and set. The decorated biscuits will keep for a week in an airtight container.
Recipe by Tesco Real Food