I apologise now for these instructions, it is a little bit tricky to explain how to make these geometric bubble wands, but bare with me, it will be worth it.
Make sure you follow our outside activity board on Pinterest for more ideas; don’t forget to pin the Pin at the bottom of the page.
You will need:
- Pipe cleaners
- Cut your straws into 12 equal parts that are roughly between an 1” to 11/2”
- On your first pipe cleaner put 4 of the straws;
- Bend into a square shape, you should have some spare pipe cleaner on either side. Tuck one side of the extra pipe cleaner into the closest straw to secure.
- On another pipe cleaner add 3 straws;
- Thread the old pipe cleaner through into one of the new set of straws. This should make your second side of the cube. Thread the remaining pipe cleaner, of the new set, into the closest side of the original square to secure it in place.
6. and 7. Repeat the process with 2 straws on a new pipe cleaner.
8. and 9. This should leave you with just one straw and one side to complete.
You can do a similar thing to make a pyramid, which is actually easier to make as you only need 6 pieces of cut up straw and fewer pipe cleaners.
When you come to add it to your bubble mixture we found it best if you had a smaller bowl that you could completely submerge the shape, rather than a shallow dish, which usually resulted in the shape being squished.
To find our perfect bubble mix go here.
Pin for later: