With the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton suffering from severe morning sickness we asked The Food Stork to give us some recipes for relief from the dreaded nausea.
Morning Sickness Ice Cube Reliefs:
Lemons have a calming effect on the body and have been known to relieve nausea.
- 500ml water
- Juice of 1-3 organic lemons, depends on their tartness
- Stevia to taste (if you want sweetness)
Mix together the water, lemon juice and stevia (if using) then pour the liquid into an ice cube tray and freeze.
Suck on the cubes or crush them and eat throughout the day.
Morning Sickness Juice:
A gentle juice to help relieve and settle your tummy.
- 3 organic apples, quartered
- 1/4-1/2 an inch of fresh, peeled ginger
- 3 organic celery sticks
- Juice of 1/2 an organic lemon
Pop all the ingredients into a juicer
The Food Stork’s Knocked Up Smoothie:
A nourishing, soothing smoothie specially created by The Food Stork to nurture new mamas-to-be and their little bumps.
- 300ml almond or oat milk
- 150ml coconut water
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- 1/4 an avocado
- 1/2 a banana (optional)
- 1 handful of blueberries and/or strawberries
- 1 teaspoon almond butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1 tablespoon protein powder (we use raw hemp or pea)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
Pop all the ingredients into a blender and blitz well. Add some water if the smoothie is too thick.