Amazing colourful peppers with vegetables and herbs with a delicious tofu sauce. Can be used as a filler for a vegan pastry flan.
- 350g firm tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 60ml soya or almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place tofu, tamari, nutritional yeast, cornflour, almond milk and turmeric into a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the oil to a frying pan and place over medium heat, with the onion and red onion sauté for a few minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and peppers cook for about 6 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the tofu mixture and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease an approx 20cm square baking dish .
- Add the tofu mixture straight into the dish, smooth over with a spatula.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
Recipe from Keith on Food