I love it when the blossom starts to come out, so in honour of the start of spring we decided to make our very own blossom that will last and last and last.
You will need:
- Some sticks – the longer the better with branches.
- Tissue paper – that’s 1 or 2in square (we did white and pink).
- Glue – like Elma’s blue glue
- Blunt pencil
1. To make the buds place the end blunt pencil in the middle of one of your squares and roll the tissue paper round it until you get a bud shape. It can be a bit fiddle and may take a few attempts until you find the perfect way to do it.
2. When you have the bud wind the end up so you have a kind of stalk. I would make all your buds first as the glueing will get very messy.
3. On your stick find the perfect places for your buds and put a generous amount of glue. Place the stalk of you bud on the glue and smooth it over until it sticks, you may need to hold it in place for a few seconds until it holds.