Activities & Days Out / 17 April, 2018 / Nanny Anita
For my charges last day of term they had an Easter bonnet parade where I made them a chick and a lamb. If you want a simple but eye-catching bonnet then the lamb is the perfect one to do.
To make the lamb you will need:
1. To give the appearance that the lamb is on grass cut out a piece of stiff green felt to fit round the brim of the bonnet (I cut a whole in the centre so that it would fit over the hat), then sewed it into place so that the brim wont come down.
2. To make the lamb take your cotton wool balls, dip them in glue and stick them on one layer at a time, leave it to dry for a while (especially before trying it on or you may end up with it stuck to your head!)
3. For the lamb’s face cut out whatever face shape you fancy, add the eyes and stick it onto the sheep.
4. To finish of the lamb it will need some legs. There are a number of ways to do this; I cut 2 black pipe cleaners in half and shaped them into leg shapes which I then stitched into place. You could also use wool or string so that the legs dangle over the side.
5. As a finishing touch I added a few little flowers into the grass which my charge had chosen from a shop.