Food / 20 November, 2019 / My Baba
Get Baking with The Kids: Organic Coconut Snowmen
For the Snowballs
(makes 18 balls – 6 snowmen)
- 150g unsweetened shredded coconut, plus extra for rolling
- 6 tbsp ground almond (almond meal)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk (shake the can well first)
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (or vanilla)
To decorate (optional)
- Cake pop sticks
- Dried Apricots
Teeny Tiny Wooly Hats
- Whiz all snowball ingredients in a food processor or blender, scraping the sides down often, until it’s sticky and well combined.
- Roll balls of the mixture into balls, and roll each ball into more shredded coconut. Thread three balls onto each stick.
- Cut the raisins into small pieces for the snowman eyes and mouths, and the apricots into triangles for the noses.
- Decorate with the raisin and apricot pieces and add any tiny hats or scarves!
- Store in the fridge.
Visit Soil Association to find all you need for an organic Christmas.