Prepare the perfect glazed ham using this delicious recipe.
Many people believe that organic food simply tastes better, which is why you’ll find a selection of delicious organic ingredients in this recipe.
- 2 tbsp dark brown cane sugar
- 50g garlic cloves
- 2 kg unsmoked boneless gammon joint
- 1 orange , zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Place the gammon in a large pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook allowing 30 minutes per 450g (i.e. a joint weighing 2kg will need about 2 hours 10 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Gas 6. Remove the ham from the water and place on a chopping board. If there is a rind, remove it using a sharp knife. Then make diagonal cuts in the remaining fat, to create diamond shapes and stud the centre of each diamond with a clove.
- Mix the orange zest with the mustard and smear over the fat. Once covered with the mix sprinkle with the sugar. Stand the meat in a roasting tin, fat side up and cook in the preheated oven 15 minutes until glazed.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool if serving cold. Alternatively, let the meat rest for about 20 minutes before carving.