Food / 21 July, 2020 / My Baba
Panna Cotta with Pimm’s & Strawberries
Preparation time: 15 minutes + infusing and setting
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes + infusing and setting
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 500ml double cream
- ½ vanilla pod, split
- 200ml whole milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 125g clear honey
- 3 sheets leaf gelatine
- 400g pack strawberries, hulled, any large ones halved or quartered
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Zest of ½ orange
- 50ml Pimm’s
- Grease 6 x small 150-200ml ramekins sparingly with vegetable oil. Place the cream and vanilla pod in a medium saucepan and heat until almost boiling. Remove from the heat and leave to infuse for 8-10 minutes, until room temperature.
- Mix the milk and lemon juice together and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Add this to the cream along with the honey. Stir over a low heat for 1-2 minutes, until the honey has melted.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes until soft, then wring out and add to the cream mixture. Stir briefly, until the gelatine has dissolved, then strain the mixture into a jug and discard the vanilla pod. Pour the cream into the prepared ramekins. Leave to cool to room temperature then cover and chill for 3 hours, or until set.
- Put the strawberries into a bowl with the icing sugar and orange zest. Stir and leave until the sugar has dissolved. Add the Pimm’s. Cover and leave to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. To serve, dip the ramekins into just boiled water and turn out onto plates. Serve with the strawberries and their juice spooned around.
Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose.com
10 Deliciously Wonderful Cake Recipes
Choc Chip Cookie Ice Cream Bowls
For competitions and offers from our favourite brands, click here.