One for the kids! Tune in and listen to the legendary Fireman Sam as he joins the podcast to talk to My Baba’s editor Ellie Thompson about bonfire night safety, as well as his adventures in Pontypandy.
Bonfire night safety
Fireman Sam’s specially-designed firework night tips take into account that the majority of organised firework displays will have to be cancelled this year. But worry not, he’s on hand to help to ensure everyone has a safe bonfire night even if they’re at home. There are lots of tips for keeping pets, kids and hedgehogs safe in this Fireman Sam bonfire night safety special.
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Spotify
Fireman Sam firework night tips:
- Fireworks are exciting but they can be very dangerous. Listen to your grown-up about where is a safe place to stand
- Keep your sparkly sparkler safely away from other people and don’t run with them
- Wear your gloves when you hold sparklers and keep them away from your body
- Once sparklers are finished, put them into a bucket of water, don’t pick them back up
- Make sure you wrap up warm and don’t wear dressing up clothes
- Stand at a safe distance from where fireworks are being let off and stay close to the grown-ups
- Don’t be tempted to throw anything into a bonfire or poke at it with sticks
- Be guided by your grown-up this Bonfire Night and don’t play in an area where fireworks are being let off
And don’t forget, Fireman Sam is back with his new TV series, from Monday 26th October at 7 am & 4 pm on Cartoonito.