As my charge’s days get so busy with school, activities, and play dates, it is sometimes difficult to remember what is going on and what we need to remember to take to school. To help my charges learn the days of the week, prepare them for the day ahead and start to give them responsibility in getting themselves ready I put together a pin board that will help with everything.
To create your own pin board you will need:
- Roll or sheet of cork (I got a roll from Hobby craft)
- Foam sheets or cardstock
- Cut your cardboard and cork to the same size – I cut mine so that it was slightly bigger than an A4 piece of paper. If you are using a roll of cork you will need to flatten it out using a heavy object such as a book.
- When your cork is flattened out glue it to the cardboard, and then use that heavy object to make sure it sticks properly.
- While the glue is drying cut out your foam sheets (or cardstock if you don’t have foam sheets). I made ones for the days of the week, each activity they do, what they need to remember for school, one for play dates, and finally I made one for each letter of the alphabet so that we could have a letter of the week to work on.
- Once your glue has set you can decorate your cork board. I used sharpies to draw on my design, but you could paint it on if you liked.
We put our board out in the morning so that we can discuss what we are doing and to make sure that we don’t forget to take anything for school or nursery.
This may help with the development of:
- Learning the days of the week