Food / 22 November, 2022 / My Baba
How To Make Traditional Christmas Mince Pies
Christmas would not be the same without the humble mince pie. Have you ever tried to make mince pies from home? Now you can with this traditional Christmas mince pies recipe.
Prep: 20 minutes plus marinating
Cook: 20 minutes
- 500g shortcrust pastry
- 1 medium egg, beaten
For the mincemeat:
- 2 medium Bramley apples, peeled, cored and grated (300g)
- 500g mixed fruit
- 100g vegetable suet
- 25g pumpkin Seeds
- 150g dark brown soft sugar
- 75g ground almonds
- 100g traditional dried apricots
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- 6 tbsp brandy
To make the mincemeat
- place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. Place into sterilised jars and leave for at least 2-3 days.
To make the mince pies
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and cut out 12 circles using a 9cm cutter. Press these into the base of a 12 hole muffin tin. Cut out 12 x 6cm star shapes with the remaining pastry. Fill the pastry cases with mincemeat and top with a star lid. Brush with egg and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
Christmas Mince Pies recipe by Crazy Jack
Shop The Best Christmas Toys For Babies And Toddlers
Delicious Black Forest Brioche Gateaux