Food / 5 June, 2019 / My Baba
Lovely Lentil and Egg Puree
Makes 2 portions
Suitable for: 6-9 months
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 150g sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 70g courgette, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 30g dried red lentils
- 150g chopped tomatoes
- 250mls vegetable stock
- 1 medium British Lion egg
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the leek, potato and courgette and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes and stock. Cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables and lentils are tender.
- Put the egg into a small saucepan. Cover with cold water and a lid. Bring up to the boil. Boil rapidly for 3 minutes. Drain and run under cold water.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the egg and slice into quarters. The yolk should be runny.
- Add the egg to the lentils and blend to a smooth or chunky consistency.
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has changed its advice on eggs, confirming they are now safe to be eaten runny, and even raw, by vulnerable groups including infants, children and pregnant women as long as they are British Lion.
Recipe from British Lion eggs and Annabel Karmel.
The Best Products To Begin Your Baby’s Weaning Journey
For competitions and offers from our favourite brands, click here.