- 400g (14oz) lamb steaks
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp clear honey
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, core removed
- 800g (1lb 7oz) watermelon, peeled
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and finely shredded
- 1 x 31g pack flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 pitta bread warmed, to serve
- The pairing of the lamb and watermelon makes this salad surprisingly delicious and refreshing. It’s quick to prepare and full of great flavours and textures the whole family will love.
- Sprinkle both sides of the lamb with the cumin and some seasoning. Warm 1tbsp of the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a high heat. Cook the lamb for 2-3 minutes on each side, until well browned.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the sesame seeds. Toss well to coat the meat and toast the seeds a little, then drizzle over the honey.
- Cut the lettuce and watermelon into chunks and arrange on a platter. Scatter over the shredded spring onions and the parsley leaves.
- Put the lamb on a board and cut into strips. Add to the salad, together with any juices. Squeeze the lemon juice into the frying pan and add the remaining olive oil. Season to taste and mix well, scraping up any sticky pieces from the base of the pan; drizzle over the salad.
Recipe from Tesco realfood
For competitions and offers from our favourite brands, click here.