Dim sum is one of the most popular styles of Cantonese cuisine. Creating your own delicious dumplings can be made easy with the help of the freshest ingredients and a good technique. Below, the chefs at Royal China reveal their exclusive recipe for the most authentic Chicken & Chive Dumplings.
- 300g Ground Chicken
- 200g Shelled fresh shrimps
- ½ a bunch of finely chopped Chinese garlic chives
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp Chinese Shao Shing wine
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- ½ tsp Freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp Ground dried shrimp
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground white pepper
- Dumpling ingredients:
- Whole chives
- 4 Shu-mei wrappers (Wonton Skin)
- Whip by hand all of the filling ingredients until they are fully combined and hold together.
- Place a dollop of the filling in the centre of each wrapper and bring up the corners to form a little ‘money bag’ Leave the top open so that you can see some of the filling.
- Blanch the whole chives in very hot water tap water. Then tie a chive around the neck of each dumpling so that it looks like it is wearing a little green belt.
- Steam the dumplings in an oiled bamboo steamer for 15 minutes, in a steaming wok.
- Serve hot with sweet chilli sauce.
Recipe from The Royal China Group which consists of six of London’s most authentic and prestigious Chinese restaurants, including the luxurious and critically-acclaimed Royal China Club. Based in prime areas of London, the restaurants are centrally located on Baker Street, as well as in Bayswater, Fulham, Harrow-on- the-Hill and Canary Wharf.