Food / 11 September, 2019 / My Baba
Make Your Own Chicken & Chive Dumplings
Dim sum is one of the most popular styles of Cantonese cuisine. Creating your own delicious dumplings can be made easy with the help of the freshest ingredients and a good technique. Below, the chefs at Royal China reveal their exclusive recipe for the most authentic Chicken & Chive Dumplings.
- 300g Ground Chicken
- 200g Shelled fresh shrimps
- ½ a bunch of finely chopped Chinese garlic chives
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp Chinese Shao Shing wine
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- ½ tsp Freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp Ground dried shrimp
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground white pepper
- Dumpling ingredients:
- Whole chives
- 4 Shu-mei wrappers (Wonton Skin)
- Whip by hand all of the filling ingredients until they are fully combined and hold together.
- Place a dollop of the filling in the centre of each wrapper and bring up the corners to form a little ‘money bag’ Leave the top open so that you can see some of the filling.
- Blanch the whole chives in very hot water tap water. Then tie a chive around the neck of each dumpling so that it looks like it is wearing a little green belt.
- Steam the dumplings in an oiled bamboo steamer for 15 minutes, in a steaming wok.
- Serve hot with sweet chilli sauce.
Recipe from The Royal China Group which consists of six of London’s most authentic and prestigious Chinese restaurants, including the luxurious and critically-acclaimed Royal China Club. Based in prime areas of London, the restaurants are centrally located on Baker Street, as well as in Bayswater, Fulham, Harrow-on- the-Hill and Canary Wharf.