- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 pound (raw) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken broth, plus additional if needed
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if you like it spicy!)
- 4 ounces (uncooked) dry gemelli or penne pasta
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley, for garnish
- In slow cooker, stir together garlic, bell pepper, crushed tomatoes, chicken, broth, onion, 1/3 cup cheese, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes. Cook on high 3-1/2 hours or on low 7 hours.
- Transfer chicken breasts to cutting board and coarsely shred; return to slow cooker. Stir in pasta. Cook on high 30 minutes longer or until pasta is cooked al dente. If soup becomes too thick after pasta is cooked, stir in additional broth until desired consistency is reached, and warm through.
- Serve garnished with extra Parmesan cheese and chopped basil or parsley.
Recipe by Foxes Love Lemons