The UK is certainly partial to a burger or two, so much so that there is a whole day dedicated to them. National Burger Day (24 August 2017) is the perfect excuse to indulge on the most delicious and decadent burgers that the country has to offer.
- 100g 100% Beef Burger
- 1 Brioche Bun
- 1 slice Smoked Apple Wood cheese
- 2 slices Iceberg lettuce
- 1 slice Beef tomato
- ¼ red onion (thinly sliced)
- ½ gherkin (sliced)
- 50ml BBQ Jack Daniel’s glaze
- Season the beef burger patty and chargrill until cooked through.
- Place a slice of the smoked apple wood cheese on the burger until it melts and top with the BBQ Jack Daniel’s glaze.
- Slice the brioche bun in half and place the burger inside.
- Garnish with the lettuce, beef tomato, onion, and sliced gherkin.
- Serve with a salad or sweet potato fries and enjoy!
Recipe by Executive Head Chef at Sopwell House, Gopi Chandran, reveals the recipe for his latest creation – the Jack Daniel’s Beef Burger.
Images by Sopwell House