Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 – 6
- 300g turkey breast mince
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ onion, very finely chopped or grated
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 x 350g tubs essential Waitrose Tomato and Chilli Sauce
- 500g tagliatelle
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the turkey with the egg, garlic, onion, nutmeg and breadcrumbs with your hands until well combined. Season and roll into 24 meatballs.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a low heat and cook the meatballs for 5 minutes, or until golden on one side. Turn them over then add the sauce and cover with a lid. Cook for a further 5 minutes until cooked through (with no pink meat).
- Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle according to pack instructions. Add the cherry tomatoes to the sauce then spoon this over the hot, drained pasta. Delicious with dressed essential Waitrose Mixed Salad.
Use the turkey mixture to make burgers instead and serve in essential Waitrose Sesame Seed Burger Buns with lots of salad
Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose.com