Finding vegan-friendly items to replace the usual suspects in your weekly shop is becoming easier all the time, and we’re not just talking about the food we eat.
As veganism becomes increasingly popular, many brands are looking at innovative ways to switch to ethically sourced, natural alternatives that are kinder to the environment. There are many quick and easy changes we can make. For us in the parenting world, we can do our bit by switching from our usual brand of wet wipes to vegan-friendly biodegradable Aqua Wipes. (You see? It’s simple. Feel better yet? We thought you would – you’re welcome!)
Seriously though, this Veganuary, why not consider adopting a greener way of life by seeking out the products that will help to reduce your carbon footprint? Why not opt for cruelty-free, plastic-free and biodegradable alternatives this month, and try and make those product changes stick right through to December each year.
We’ve come up with a few pointers to help you and your shopping basket embrace Veganuary and beyond!
A helpful Veganuary checklist
- Look for the vegan label on products.
- Is this product tested on animals?
- Is this product biodegradable?
- Could I switch to a plastic-free alternative?
- Is this product paraben-free?
- Become familiar with the list of common animal-derived ingredients to avoid.
- If you’re buying beauty products, look to avoid beeswax, lanolin, keratin, musk, pearls and tallow.
- When it comes to apparel and textiles, consider switching from leather, silk, wool, cashmere and angora, and of course, ditch the fur!
- If you want to make life even easier, download the Cruelty Cutter app. Simply scan your item, et voila! It’ll tell you all you need to know.
Why we recommend Aqua Wipes
The good old wet wipe is practically every parent’s must-have product, but with a staggering 11 billion wipes being used in the UK alone every year it has got to be time for us as parents to take responsibility.
Plastic-free Aqua Wipes are registered with The Vegan Society. They’re unscented and contain 99.6% purified water with an organic Aloe Vera extract formulation. They’re made from a sustainable material that makes them 100% biodegradable. When you buy a pack of Aqua Wipes, you can be reassured that every wipe you use will completely break down when disposed of correctly. These clever wipes are not only thick and strong (ideal for getting all sorts of jobs done), they decompose in just 15 DAYS!
Best for delicate newborn skin
Paediatrician tested for reassurance, Aqua Wipes have been specifically developed for the delicate skin of newborn babies. They’re the top choice of many special care baby units, neonatal and maternity departments across the UK’s National Health Service.
Aqua Wipes – 768 Wipe Value Box (12 x packs of 64 wipes)
Aqua Wipes – 256 Wipe Value Bag (4 x packs of 64 wipes)
Aqua Wipes – single 64 wipe pack
Also available in handy 12-wipe travel-sized packs
Sponsored content in collaboration with Aqua Wipes
For competitions and offers from our favourite brands, click here.