Food / 18 February, 2017 / My Baba
Delicious Homemade Dill Fish Fingers
Offer this to your little ones from 10 months+. Dill, an aromatic, bitter and citrusy herb, is perfect with fish. Dill also has antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties and can be useful in preventing coughs.
- 1 x 145g skinless, boneless
- cod fillet (or any other
- firm white fish)
- 25g plain flour
- ¼ tsp ground black
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch of ground mild
- 1 slice of white bread – a few days old, blended into breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped dill
- 1 egg – beaten
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the cod fillet into stick shapes about 1.5cm wide.
- Place the flour in a bowl and season with the black pepper, turmeric and paprika. Stir to combine. Place the breadcrumbs in another bowl, add the dill and toss until well combined. Put the beaten egg in a third bowl.
- Coat the fish sticks in the seasoned flour, then dip in the egg and toss into the breadcrumbs, making sure the fish is well coated. Repeat for all the fish sticks. If you will be freezing the fish fingers, freeze them at this point (before cooking).
- To cook, place them on a lightly greased or greaseproof paper-lined baking tray and brush the fish fingers with a little olive oil. Pop them in the oven for 10 minutes until cooked, turning over halfway through. Remove from the oven, allow to cool and cut into bite-size pieces before serving to baby.
Recipe from ‘The Flavour-Led Weaning Cookbook’ by Zainab Jagot Ahmed. Pre-order on Amazon today!